Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday 11.18.2008

This morning I left a few minutes early in case the roads were questionable. And they were. The shiny black roads that you don't know if it's wet or frozen. The temperature was 23 degrees on my dashboard. As I merged onto the freeway, the other vehicles were averaging 5o mph or so. Ok, whatever it takes

I get about 7 miles down the highway inbetween Mason exits, and there are police lights flashing. Down off the right side of the road, in the ditch, are two vehicles. One is facing the traffic with it's headlights on, the other might have been a tow truck. I don't slow down and gawk, so I didn't see much. I just kept on going slow.

I got the hospital on time, carefully walking the couple of blocks over. The shuttle had just pulled away, and one never knows if and when it will come around.

We had a good day--busy, but good. My relief came in about 2:20, and I was able to report off to her, finish my tasks, and drive back home in the sunshine. It was beautiful outside.

I went in the house and "freshened up", changing clothes, then went over to the therapy place for my appointment with Ike.

She did a brief evaluation then started in. She was disappointed, I think, at how the cording is still present in my arm, breast, and abdomen. The breast itself had lumps that were probably pockets of lymph fluid that doesn't know where to go. She worked on me for about 40 minutes, then checked again. The cording in the abdomen was narrower, the cording in the arm was less "tight", and the breast was much softer. All areas were tender and sore from manipulation. When I left, I was a bit queasy, nauseated. Yuck.

Daniel was home when I got home. We caught up on our day.

Our complex was having a Turkey Dinner for the residents at the Clubhouse, so I had planned on going there to eat. Daniel opted to stay home. Fuddy-Duddy.

I walked there and back after having a little of what was offered, a traditional deli-prepared meal. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't fresh veggies and clean food and such. I cam home and had a glass of milk.

The rest of our evening we sat together in the living room, he had the tv on, I got not even half caught up on email.

The tylenol/motrin I had taken this afternoon is gone, which translates into discomfort. I'm going to try just going to bed, but I'll take something during the night if it bothers me too much.

Oh, yeah, I realized that while I'm still having hot flashes, they're not as consistently "hot", and the take-my-breath-away, I-need-to-sit-down episodes have been less frequent these last couple of days. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment