Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday 11.23.2008 365 Days

I had a hard time putting a title on this entry. Today, November 23, is one year since my first surgery for breast cancer. I am surprised that I don't remember a whole lot, just bits and pieces, and because of that, I am very glad that I have blogged this experience.

I remember that I was anxious, that I went into it with a positive attitude and trust in those who would be taking care of me. I remember praying for God to guide the surgeon and to work through her. I remember that all of you have prayed for me, hugged me, cried with me, celebrated with me.

I have received many gifts: cards with encouraging messages, phone calls, gifts of angels, lots of pink things, and hugs. But most of all, I have received the gift of love. By acknowledging my fears, anxiety, and vulnerability, your love, and God's love, has given me the courage and strength to experience this experience in the most positive way I could.

So many people have and continue to support me, to help me through each day. My husband, our children, my brothers, sisters-in-laws, mother, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, greats, grands, extended family members. My friends, co-workers, my mother's caregivers, my caregivers. Blog readers. (Did you see the red dots on the world map??) There are readers who read on a regular basis, daily, weekly, whatever. You know who you are.

I can say Thank You. I can hug you and smile with you. I can be there for you when you are happy or in need. Most of all, I can thank and praise God for these gifts. And look for ways to share this gift of life.

Please remember the strength of the energies we have when we connect with each other and with God. Breathing, reaching out, letting in.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sis!

    Great post ...

    We heard something yesterday that reminds us of you. "Life is not about waiting the for storms to end. Life is about dancing in the rain."

    All our love,

    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis-star!
    We agree with J&P, "Great post..." Alot has happened in the last year hasn't it? We have many blessings and so much to be thankful for. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

    Lots of Love & Hugs,
    Tom & Kathy Sue xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best post I've read thus far...

    the hymn "Ohhhh Happyyyyy Daaaaaaay ~ O Happy Dayyyyyy" runs thru my heart.

    high-five Aunt Kath!

    Love ~ kimberly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your great comments!!

    Yes, we dance in the rain. Sunshine, too!

    Praise the Lord this Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete