Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday 10.29.2008

I had a good day today, sleeping pretty good overall. Daniel got up and went to an 0810 appointment. Of course, I went back to sleep...

I got up about 9. I read some, then had breakfast. I read a bit more before Dan got back. I got dressed.

One of Dan's friends called and asked if he wanted to go to a movie this afternoon. Dan, courteously, asked if I'd like to go. No, thanks, I'm not fond of movie theaters. Number one, too expensive. Number 2, I can't pause when I need to get up, and Number 3, can't rewind/replay if I missed what was said, or "did you see that...???" Especially Number 4, Other People's noise. OP don't seem to respect my movie-going experience.

So, no thank you, I'll rent it if I want to see it, and watch it at my convenience.

While he was gone, I read a little more, made a couple of phone calls, then went outside for a walk. It was beautiful--41 degrees or so, sunny, but windy. Briskly windy. I was glad I had a hood on my coat. I pulled it up and was comfortable. I wandered around the complex here, looking at the different seasonal decor that a lot of the residents have done. The bright sun glowed on the gold and orangey-reds of the leaves against the blue sky. It was a "wow, thank you, God" view.

As I was coming up to our garage, Dan was coming home, too. We decided to go up to Meijer and pick up a few groceries to fix dinner with, so we did.

When we returned back home, I cooked outside on the grill while Dan fixed the rest of the meal inside. It was yummy.

After dinner, we sat around, each checking the computer stuff. That's when I realized that I hadn't written last night.

So, I wrote here, and will be turning in soon.

Tomorrow I have a time scheduled with Martha Smoyer at Countryside Care Center, where Mom was, to visit and to deliver the beautiful blankets that Kathy Sue has made for the Residents. Then I have a dental cleaning at 3 pm.

My arm has "pulled" along the cording at different times today. It's tender to press on it, but I try to use it and stretch it out. I've noticed that I've been "holding" my breast today, too. It's sore and tender, seemingly in the woundbed. At some point, I'll be all healed up and not have any more "nudges". At least, that's what I'm putting in my head...

Thank you for reading. I hope you've been able to enjoy God's beautiful world.

Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. I love the map feature....did u notice a hit from indonesia & the ukraine? This ability to connect with each other.....powerful stuff Aunt Kathy! What a great choice you made in sharing your journey to help others.

    Big huggs to you ~ Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kim. I do hope that living and sharing my life experiences will make a positive impact, both with any Reader and any Person I may come in contact with.

    I, too, love the map feature, and am fascinated that people around the world are able to "stop by" -- I just wish they'd say "HI"!!!

    ((((((((hugs back))))))))

    ReplyDelete