Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday 10.22.08

The temperature at 0800 was 32-34 degrees out on the tree. We were comfortable indoors at 68 degrees with the radiant heater and fans to move the warmed air around. (Forced air??) The day was clear, and the wind had calmed and shifted to coming from the East. It’s so beautiful looking out across the lake, with the blue of the sky reflected in the water, and the far shoreline with autumn’s colors of gold, red, rust, greens, and the tree trunks contrasting with dark brownish gray and white birch.

KS and I putzed around this morning, gathering our belongings and getting ready to leave. We each cleaned our sleeping areas, KS packed and loaded her car. We went out for a walk. It looks different with a lot of the foliage down, and definitely smells like fall. The thermometer shows 40 degrees; the sun is warm, but the wind is cold.

Back inside, I hugged KS and she went on her way home around 12:30. I finished cleaning—bathroom, kitchen, etc, and got myself loaded and ready to go. I had something to eat, then left about 4 o’clock.

I had a good drive home, and got here about 7 PM. Daniel wasn't home yet, but came in about 7:45, when I was just about unpacked. He brought his friend Phil with him--he'll be our houseguest at least this evening, and maybe a couple more.

I finished unpacking, had a snack, then showered, and wrote here.

Tomorrow is a workday, as is Friday. I also have an appointment with Dr. Hess to have that tooth repaired properly. I hope I'm able to leave work to do that.

My shoulder has been pretty sore/achy the last couple of days, and the "cording" below my ribs on the left side is more prominent and still tender. I found something on the web about it--it's called Mondor's Disease, and if you click here you can read this doctor's description of it. Pretty weird. (my affect is like the bottom half of "B")

I would like to thank God for the wonderful gift of life--and the ability to share it with people I love.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,
    I just wanted to say "HI". I have tried a couple of times to catch up on all your entries, but have never been able to get it done. Obviously you had surgery and reconstruction? Don't bother to answer that. I'll look for myself when I have more time. I'm back on the route and my son John is helping me. I'm taking Medical Terminology and Children's Literature this semester. Doing well. I'm glad that you are doing so well also. I'll write again. Penny

    ReplyDelete