Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday 10.7.2008

A brief night with minimal sleep; I got up and ready for work. An uneventful drive in the dark, thank you God, and I was just walking the 2 blocks over to the hospital when the shuttle came around.

The day started really nice--just one other nurse and me with just enough patients. We got a patient back from surgery, got her recovered, had lunch, then Bam! the fan turned on.

Kris W and I work very well together, and we did a good job juggling the few odd challenges that were presented us. We took good care of our patients, and by the time the night shift came in, we were ready to hand it over. I didn't clock out until after 7:30, though. I was glad to leave.

I walked across the road and the 2 blocks back to the car. The mild autumn air smells really good. I drove home with my feet "tingling", my back sore. Yup. That's why it's called work.

Dan was home when I got there. I put my things away, showered, and wrote here.

Tomorrow is our appointment with Dr. Bolmer, and I have my list. It's short, but I have to write it down to make sure we cover it. I'm anxious to see my lab work and my weight.

I'm off to bed.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment