Saturday, December 1, 2007

Home Again

11.30.2007, Continued

The transporter shows up with a wheelchair, I get transferred in, and off we go. It's so much nicer feeling "normal", with a sliced up breast, a bulky dressing, the drain removed, and just a bit of fog on my brain. Daniel brings the car up and both of them help me into the car. I'm doing much better. I see that it's about 2:30

The sun is out, God is smiling on us. We are at the drugstore, Dan goes in and I stay in the car enjoying the warmth of the sun. He comes out with the drugs, we head home. I get out and wait for Dan to help me up the stairs (there are 14 of them)--I really don't want to end up with a tumble, I've come this far. We get in, he takes my coat and put both of our coats in the closet (!) and helps me get situated. First of all, I'm hungry. I'm feeling really good, and I am able to putz around and take care of things, like the paperwork we ended up with, the mail, I drank some water, and started scrounging around for food. I am fragmented, of course, from the anesthesia, and have difficulty focusing and keeping on track.

After eating and enjoying some fresh coffee, I feel good enough to make a couple of phone calls. The first is to the Breast Care Center, to make my follow up appointment for Wednesday. The girl says she is double booking, with the first appointment at 0900. Ok, I'd rather wait a little at 9:00 than a couple of hours later in the day. The next call was to Human Resources to get the paperwork started for FMLA stuff. What a bunch of hoops--Margie was very informative and helpful, and has put the stuff in the mail for me. There. I think that's about it for my responsibilities for the day.

Then I settle on the sofa with the laptop. Literally, the rest of the day I worked on the blog. I was eager to tell you about my experience, and excited that I had come through anesthesia so well. I did not have anything further for pain until I went to bed at 0100, only the Morphine in the recovery room. I took two extra strength tylenol to go to bed. I did keep the ice pack on, though, as that seems to have the greatest comfort. I didn't really sleep too well, and felt like I was awake most of the night. That's not unusual for me, though, I know that I'll sleep eventually.

Ok, here is the list of meds I had today:

Kefzol 1 gram
Propofol 200
Sevoflurane
Marcaine
Lidocaine
Zofran 4 mg
Decadron 4 mg
Toradol 30 mg
Morphine 4 mg

What we remember from last week:

Kefzol 1 gm
Versed
Fentanyl
Zofran 4 mg
Benadryl 12.5 mg
Reglan
Dilaudid 0.5 mg

Better Living Through Chemistry

Thank you, God, for taking care of us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment