Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday 09.22.2012

Matilda Skye--12 days old, smells like a sweet baby. I "get" the grandparent thing now....

Jeremy met me at the airport in Flint, and we flew together back to Savannah. A quiet first leg, but after eating in Atlanta, the next leg was better. Two good flights, thank you God.

When we got to the house, Jenny and Matilda were on the sofa. Daddy went over and snuggled his baby and baby mama, while I greeted the dog. (Lola sniffed me and happily wagged her tail, then went on back to Jeremy and Matilda).  After Jeremy changed Mattie's diaper, he presented her to me.

Oh, my.

I held her for about an hour or so before we all went to bed. It wasn't long before I heard baby noises. Ahhh, those days are coming back to me now.......I remember the interrupted nights and the sometimes frustrating lack of sleep. I hope I can help them somehow.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment