Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday 11.19.2010

When the radio came on this morning, I called the hospital to see if we would all be needed, and to take the "on call" status if we weren't. I could. Yippee!! I tried to doze some before Dan got up; I did better after he had left for work and ended up getting up just before 9.

After breakfast and a lovely shower, I started on food prep for tomorrow. Not having made pumpkin pie in a while--and when I had thought about it, it had been at least a decade!--it was slow going. Even though it's a real easy recipe. I wanted to make sure I had all the spices in, including the molasses. And as I was measuring and mixing, the phone rang.

Yep, I had to go in. Ugh. I asked if I could put the pies in the oven, and be there sometime after 1, and they agreed, which was really nice of them. When you are "called in" you have one hour to get there. So for me, I have to leave pretty much right away.

Dan had left work early and was home as the pies were going in. I cleaned up the kitchen, got myself ready to go, had a quick bite to eat, and the pies were almost done. He offered to get them out of the oven, but one last look before I left, and they were done.

A safe drive down, thank you God. I had a great afternoon with a good bunch of co-workers. Again, the end of shift had a little flurry of busy-ness, but most of us were able to clock out on time.

A safe drive home, thanks again, with only one new deer carcass in the road. Creepy.

Dan had done some housework for us, and I did as much advance food prep as I could this evening. I'm looking forward to having my "boys" here, and having our familiar foods to celebrate life.

I'm tired tonight, and a little achy.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment