Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday 07.22.2010 Home Again

The first part of the morning was sunny, but when I actually got out of bed it was gray overcast, just a minimal light breeze, low 70's. As I got up and around, I collected my things together to get ready to go home. It is, sadly, the last day of my vacation.

It was, happily, a good vacation. Lots of good times, laughs, hugs, and just plain feelin' good shared with people I love. Thanks to each and all of you.

We breakfasted and enjoyed being outside in the mild weather. Vonnie and I went for a walk and met one of the neighbors down Grace Street. He was painting the trim on the house; we stopped to chat, and the next thing I knew he invited us in to show us how he had remodeled the inside. It was an odd deja vu for me--I had been in that cottage as a young girl when the Brewer's were there, though I don't have a distinct recollection of the interior.

While we were gone on our walk, though, we missed Jim and Polly stopping by on their way to Tawas to celebrate their 42? wedding anniversary. Can you believe it?? Happy Anniversary!

Vonnie got her things packed and loaded and left about 2. I got my things together and packed up, vacuumed throughout, gave Frank many requests to follow up on, fixed my food and ate, then Frank loaded my car and I had to leave. It was about 6:30, and had been trying to rain for a couple hours. Thanks, Frank, for taking care of the bathroom...

An uneventful drive home, thank you God, even with a couple areas of rain. It was dry from Flint to Lansing, with lightning nearby as I turned into the complex.

I'm Home!! It smelled good, and I came up the stairs and woke up Daniel. He dutifully and without complaining, got up and helped me carry things in. Thank you Baby. I appreciate that.

We didn't talk much--he went back to bed--and I unpacked the foodstuff and cooler, looked through my mail, just re-acclimated.

Tomorrow is a workday for both of us, and I'm hoping to sleep at least fairly well in this bed.

My wrist is sore and swollen this afternoon, and since I think I took an afternoon dose of the motrin, I didn't want to take more. So I took a tylenol, which helped it to feel less sore, but it's still swollen.

Thank you to each of you who continue to read, or occasionally read, or have just somehow stopped by to read this blog. Your continued support has been a major factor in my recovery.

Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment