Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday 8.27.2008

This morning after Daniel left, I went back to sleep, waking about 0830. I got up and checked the weather channel--it's already 84 degrees and 88% humidity. Yuck. I went down the hall to The Gazebo for breakfast.

Back to the room. 10 o'clock I check the weather channel again. 88 degrees, 94% humidity, and heat index 100 degrees. I don't do heat well, so I'll be staying in.

I listened to a book on cd for a bit, and I'm restless. I walked around the hallways of this "resort". It's pretty big, and I was able to wander for almost 45 minutes. There seem to be a lot of guests, too. The elevators are busy, and people of all ages and health status' are in bathing suits and assorted beach wear. In my room, I went out on the balcony for a bit, listened to the story, and people watched. I was only able to stay out about 25 minutes. The sun is moving across the sky, and as a result, our balcony moves into shade. I sat with my legs in the sun and the rest of me in the shade.

A lot of people are at the pool, and on the beach. I enjoyed watching them. I got pretty hot, though, and had to come back inside. I wasn't feeling well--kind of nauseated and generally icky--so I rested. It was a couple of hours before I felt better. Yuck.

I was surprised that it was about 4. The balcony is completely shaded now, and I took a snack out there with my book. The wind seemed to be blowing--the surf was bigger than the last couple of days, and watching the waves breaking was kind of interesting.

Daniel got back about 5. He was hot and tired. He had a snack, showered. We visited a bit, then went to The Pub for dinner, here in the "resort".

We are winding down. Daniel plays again tomorrow. I will have another wonderful, laid back day.

My breast is full uncomfortable to the side near the axillary incision. That wound is also kind of red. From the pressure of the fluid?? I don't know. I hope it all goes away and I don't notice it any more. In time, huh.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. OH Kathy,

    I want to be with you at the Ocean. I love the Ocean. I will put my dream surf DVD in and pretend I am there with you.

    It sounds like you are having a good time and Dan is enjoying his time.

    Nice to hear you are doing well and enjoying your time.

    Thought and continues prayers with you.

    Love

    Kay

    ReplyDelete