Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday 8.21.2008

Oh, boy, another short night. I almost dozed back off instead of getting up....

I got myself ready for work, and got on my way. I arrived safely, parked, walked the block and a half, and got to my unit. It looked to be a busy day.

We had enough staff, and great co-workers, and had a great day. Ike had called, and had a cancellation for tomorrow, and wondered if I wanted to move from 2 pm to 10:30 am. "Yes," I said, "Thank you." That works out better for me. We had even sent enough patients home that one of the nurses was able to leave. (In other words, we "staffed down".)

Eventually the night shift came in, information exchanged, and we left. I went over to the Centennial Cellular office to change my cell phone plan coverage while traveling next week. Dan and I are leaving Saturday morning, driving to Myrtle Beach so that he can participate in the PGA Tour Superstore World Amateur Handicap Tournament. It's a four day event, and he also plans of playing Friday. We are also planning to continue on down to visit Jeremy, Jennifer, and Jasmine in Bluffton. Anyway, there was only one employee there, and he was busy with another client. I waited my turn, and after 20 minutes or so, I was next. I told him what I wanted to do, and he told me that the plan I have is no longer offered to new customers, and the person who could authorize something for me left at 7 pm. The nice man did say that he was sure "something could be done" for me to keep me happy. Ok, thanks. Can the Lansing store help me? Yes, he said, and I thanked him again and went on my way. Shoot. I was hoping to get that taken care of tonight. Oh well, on the list for tomorrow.

I drove home, it's now a half hour later than necessary, and I got home about 8:15. Daniel was up putzing around. We visited, caught up on the day, and some travel plans.

I wrote here, and realize that I'm pretty tired. So, I'm going to wind it up and get to bed.

My breast is very full and sore, and the left shoulder is achy/uncomfortable. I'm anxious to have Ike do what she does.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment