Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday 10.30.2012

Slept pretty good, and had a good day today.

After breakfast, I got my supplies together and started the job of putting that shrink-plastic on the windows of this little house. 

Oh my gosh.

I didn't realize how leaky those windows are. As I put the plastic on and started sticking it down to the window frame, the cold air was surprisingly forceful. It wouldn't have blown out a candle flame, but would sure have made it flicker. I ended up covering seven windows today--after the first 3 I noticed that the furnace wasn't coming on as frequent. Could have been that the wind decreased some, and the temperature went up a couple of degrees. But tonight the furnace is still not coming on as frequently. Yahoo!!

Tomorrow I hope to do at least 5 more of the windows. The larger one over the kitchen sink is going to be the physically challenging one--I'll have to get up on the counter and probably stand in the sink. Whatever it takes...

The snow was a surprise this morning. I heard the icy pellets when I woke; and it stayed most of the day. I'm thankful that we didn't lose power like so many others from this storm.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment