Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday 02.20.2012 Scope Day

Wow--that was amazing!

After checking in at the surgery center, I got called back to get ready for the colonoscopy. Interview, gown on backwards, IV start (one poke--thank you Beth). Anesthesia doctor, anesthesia nurse. KS came back for a minute before I got rolled over to the surgical room.

Doctor and the rest of the team were ready. Oxygen tubing in my nose, blood pressure cuff on my arm, heart monitor tabs stuck to me, and I was instructed to lay on my left side. I got comfortable. I saw medication going into the IV port, and was told it was lidocaine, because the propofol tends to burn a little. Ok, thanks....

Then the propofol was added to the IV port. Seconds later, I could taste it, my head felt funny, and when I looked, I saw one of the ladies (nurses) in green standing in front of me. Hm, odd, she was sitting in front of me. Huh?? It's over???

WOW! That was Awesome!! Other than long gentle puffs of air escaping from the backside, I wouldn't know anything had been done. KS came in. Hm. My head doesn't even hardly feel funny. Wow! That's awesome medicine, that propofol. No nausea, nothing.

KS helped me dress and we went home. I fixed our breakfast and we ate. No problems.

After a couple hours, I wanted to go out and get my car refueled, as the price was up at some of the stations. No problem driving. Awesome medicine.

She left early afternoon. (thanks again, KS. You are Awesome, too)

I laid down for a nap, but woke after 15 or 20 minutes or so. Hm.

I went over to the storage unit and put some stuff in the car, and decided I was hungry again. I rummaged around in the freezer and found food I had prepared and frozen. Several microwave minutes later, supper was ready.

A quiet evening, and I'm tired tonight. But, other than my intestines still rumbling around, I've had no problem with the actual colonoscopy or the medicine. Amazing! Thank you God!

Going to Jackson in the morning.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment