Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday 05.15.2011

Today was a good day.

I went over to Flushing to celebrate Diane's 50th and Lois' 79th birthday. Donna, Sue, and Dave were there, and we had a lovely afternoon. An odd awareness for me was that this kind of gathering was something that I would do with Elaine, way back when, kind of a just-us-girls thing. (Sue's Dave didn't often come, and none of us had a man around) And I kind of missed her being there.

Anyway, we had good food and laughs. And serious times, too, talking about future possibilities.

It was cold, 41 degrees, rainy and windy on the drive over, but the rain ended shortly before I got there. It had warmed up to 46 degrees by the time I got back to Lansing this evening. With scattered frost warnings tonight. Sheesh.

I work tomorrow, and Dan's coming home tomorrow night. *smile*

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment