Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday 11.06.2010

I woke this morning to 30 degrees, clear skies and a much quieter lake. The buffleheads, mallards, wood ducks, and canadian geese were all out and feeding, as well as the occasional seagull. I didn't see any eagles today, nor have I seen the herons yet this weekend. Although I didn't feel like I was done sleeping, I got up anyway, about 8:30.

KS was already up and on the phone. We had a quiet morning. She showered, dressed, and went out for a walk while I showered and got ready for the day.

It was so lovely outdoors. We picked up sticks and branches from the windstorm a couple of weeks ago, and raked and burned the larger collections of leaves. I wonder if that will reduce the number of leaves in the spring?? It warmed up to a comfortable, sunny 45 degrees, and standing by the fire was quite nice.

I pulled off the cover to the crawl space to inspect the job, and see if it was still wet down there. Darn it, it is. I got the camera and took pictures and sent them to Daniel, who was as dismayed as I am. He mentioned some septic work that had been done several years ago, and while I didn't quite follow what happened, the general tone was that it wasn't quite right. We'll have to think about it and discuss it a bit more before making a decision on what to do next.

Those were the two main things I had wanted to do outside today, as well as let the van run a bit. I unhooked the battery afterwards so it wouldn't run down.

We came inside and had a snack, and KS wanted to go for a drive around the lake, which we did. She is all about what properties are for sale, the remodel jobs, and such. Shoot, I don't go around the lake but maybe once in the summer. Just not something I do, unless riding the bicycle.

Back at home, we went out for a walk, then sat outside as darkness closed in. It's different in the Fall--spring and summer would have the bird and insect noises, but all we heard was the rustle of leaves from the gentle breeze, an occasional vehicle, and occasional dog barks. It was wonderful to sit outdoors--thanks, KS, for sharing that with me.

We went back in, and I put supper together for us. It was yummy. I had another scare, though, when I opened the refrigerator door and the light didn't come on. And the unit was very quiet. I thought about it for a few minutes, wondering how I was going to tell Daniel that the fridge had died, when I thought to check the fuse box. Yup, a breaker had tripped. I flipped the switch back, and after several seconds, the fridge came on. There was still no light, though. I put a different bulb in, and Wa La!! all is well in refrigerator land. I think the bulb burned out and tripped the breaker. Boy, am I glad that happened while we were here. Thank you God for looking out for me.

We did dishes and cleaned up the kitchen and had a quiet rest of the night, mostly reading.

Tomorrow we have to leave. It has been suggested to go back under the house and watch to see what happens when the toilet is flushed and faucets are opened, but I don't know if I'm going to do that.

I was kind of grumpy today. Generally, overall uncomfortable. The plumbing findings, and then the fridge, whew, I'm not doing so well with the stress. And my heart rate is trying to become more irregular. I did take another Femara after supper. And I'm a little less grumpy this evening.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment