Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday 11.22.2010

Our internet went down yesterday afternoon, therefore no post for yesterday. And since Dan is the Computer Guy, he dealt with it in the evening after he got home from work, getting no where with the support person for the 2Wire modem. (That person said that our modem wasn't working, and that he couldn't do anything further, being Sunday night and all. Call back tomorrow.) This is the fourth 2Wire modem we've had that has failed within one year of use. They've always sent us a replacement modem, sometimes as an overnight delivery.

This morning, I was called and told to stay home, but would probably be needed at some point. I stayed up until Dan left for work, but went back to bed, surprised and happy to see that I had actually slept. The clock showed 9:33. I got up.

My breakfast was just about ready when the phone rang again, telling me I needed to be there at noon. So I enjoyed breakfast, got ready to go, and called the support number.

40 minutes and two people later, she tells me the modem is bad and I need to be transferred to another department. I thanked her for her time, saying that I was 10 minutes late in leaving for an appointment, and could I please have a direct number to call so that my husband could pick this up where I left off? She gave me the number, I left a note with the information for Daniel, and went to Jackson.

We had a nice afternoon, opening the overflow unit. And a seven hour workday is just fine with me.

A safe drive home, thank you God.

Daniel had made the phone call with unsatisfactory results. He went to Best Buy and bought a Netgear modem. He installed it and he had our computers up and running again by the time I got home. It's great having a Computer Guy. Thanks, Dan.

Tomorrow we're going to the Grand Rapids area to visit friends of his. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

I'm feeling pretty good, too. Of course, the shoulder feels full and achy, and my hands/wrists are a little swollen, and my heartbeat is occasionally irregularly irregular, but I feel rested today, and that makes a big difference.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment