Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday 10.26.2010 The "Annual"

I woke up disoriented again this morning, wondering why I was alone in the bed. Even though I had heard Daniel getting ready for his day. Odd how that happens.

I got ready for my own day, dressing, and making my list of medications and refills. I have a couple of prescription ointments for itchy areas that will "erupt" if the stuff isn't applied. And the migraine medicine has expired, as has the epi-pen for bee stings.

Dr. James Taylor has been taking care of me for about 20 years. He's a family practice guy and does the annual physical exam, including a breast exam and gynecological exam. He commented on how "full" my whole left side was. A couple of interesting observations--when he checked reflexes at the wrist, elbow, knee, and ankle, the right side response was brisk, and the left side response was normal. He also thinks I have fluid on both of my knees. We talked about the weight gain and higher cholesterol levels, which equal diet and exercise, which I have been lax about for most of this year. I left there with prescription renewals, an order for x-ray of both knees, had 2 vials of blood drawn for rheumatoid arthritis work-up, and was vaccinated with the DTP diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis shot. Thanks, Doc. I hope to only return on an annual basis.

Next stop was the hospital. As I was entering the lobby, the tornado warning was announced. Yes, tornado warning, in late October.

We were having a potluck retirement party, and I took the salad I made yesterday. I enjoyed the food and friends, and went from there to our Lactation Support Group. We talked about the challenges of the realities of everyday life versus the idealism of health care policy and procedure.

I finally left the hospital about 4:30. The sun was shining, though it was still a bit windy. I had a safe drive again today, thank you God. I did notice a lot of dead deer on the sides of the road, including 2 that were in the same area that I had seen them in the other day. Bummer.

Dan was home and had just fixed himself something to eat. I went over to the library to pick up my next book on cd, and had supper when I got back.

Tomorrow is a workday for both of us.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment