Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday 10.17.2010

Wow.

I went in to work this morning, to help out "for a few hours". Am I glad I did. I saw stuff today I haven't seen in my 27 years of nursing experience. But with our great co-workers and awesome teamwork, we got through the morning. I waited until after the others had had their lunches to leave. One of the girls had gotten a huge sandwich that was way too much, and offered the remaining half to me, and I ate after they were back on the floor. That was much appreciated, because I hadn't had a break, and it was almost 1 o'clock.

A beautiful drive home in the sunshine, thank you God. I changed clothes, checked email, and dozed off. When I woke, I went in to lay on the bed. Dan called to say he was on the way home, and I went back to sleep, waking again when he got home. And to my surprise, I fell back asleep and got up about 5, feeling like I wasn't done sleeping.

We visited a bit, ate, and had a quiet evening.

Tomorrow we both work, but he's leaving early. I don't know if he's planning on going north tomorrow or Tuesday.

We had another co-worker with an awful diagnosis this morning--a blood clot in the brain. Just a few weeks ago, one of our girls was diagnosed with brain cancer. These diagnoses are stressing our staff, both emotionally and physically; they are both full time night people. Please pray for healing. And my other friend with the new seizure disorder is still within the maze of testing and treatment.

I am so thankful for my gift of life and health.

Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment