Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday 07.04.2010 The Fourth of July

A short night, which led into a short day. (eight hours for us, instead of the 12 1/2 hour shift, and at time and a half!)

We had a good day, but busy. It's so hot here--mid 90's--the pregnant ones are hot and dehydrated, coming in to labor and delivery for IV fluids. Some of them are really in labor, and we had at least 3 babies today, and a couple more to deliver after we left.

One of our former co-workers came in to visit with her daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter who was born with a congenital diaphragmatic hernia. Emma is 4 months old now, and doing well. Her story of her first 4 months is at Keeping Up With Emma, at http://keepingupwithemmasidney.blogspot.com/. Now that she's finally home, she's merged into a family blog, A House With Two Girls, at http://4mazingos.blogspot.com/ . Kim, the grandma, was still working with us while I was going through treatment, was a great support person for me, and is still a "reader". Thanks, Kim, it was nice to hug you today.

When I left the hospital at 3:30-ish, it was so hot that I got nauseated from the heat just walking over to my car. Ugh. I don't do well when it's that hot.

The car cooled off, though, and the house is mostly cool. I was pretty tired this afternoon; after Dan got home, he went into shower, and I napped on the couch. When I woke about 45 minutes later, the house was quiet. He was sleeping on the bed.

I was hungry, and knew he needed to eat, too, so I put something together. When it was ready, I was going to wake him, but he was sleeping pretty good so I didn't. He finally woke about 7:30 and was happy there was something for him to eat.

We've watched the fireworks on television of the New York City/Hudson River. Beats sweating and slapping mosquitoes.

My wrist has been sore again today, and I've had a third dose of the motrin. It does takes some of the swelling/inflammation away, but it's still pretty sore.

Dan and I both work tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment