Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday 07.24.2010

I slept better this morning, after Dan had left for work, and could have probably slept another hour and a half or so. But I had to get up and get things done to be ready for my haircut.

I sorted laundry, but decided to wait until I got home to start it. I had a nice shower. I'm surprised at how dry this water made my skin. I had breakfast, made a grocery list, and it was time to leave.

A good drive to Jackson, thank you God, and Lauretta did a pretty good job on my hair. It seemed really long to me. Funny how that doesn't mean down to my waist...

As I was leaving Michigan Center, I passed the Bras That Fit shop. Of course I've seen it on the many times I've been out there, and I've heard my friends talking about going there. And on an impulse I stopped in.

It's a nice shop, and when the girl asked how could she help me, I told her I'd like to be fitted for a bra. Ok, she said, and took me to a fitting room. She wrapped a measuring tape around me and said 33. Hm. We talked about the construction of the things, and how the fluid collects over my ribs, and that I've been trying larger sizes. She went out and came back with one for me to try. I ended up trying on 4, and buying one. It ended up being a 40 A!! I know it's just a number, but it's kind of funny. So now I have a "real" bra that I'll wear for "occasions". And I might purchase one of the others I tried on, too.

That done, I continued on to Meijer, for gas and groceries. I pulled up to the pump, but the employee said their pumps were not working just then, and they were trying to fix it. Ok--I decided to go over to the other store.

I did, got gas, went in and got groceries, and remembered that I needed to stop at the credit union. Back across town, banking done, then on the road home.

A safe drive, thanks again, and the sun was finally coming out after a couple days of rain and storms.

I put things away, started laundry, fixed my food and ate. Dan came home, he looked tired. He went out on the balcony and run the clippers over his head, and when he asked me to help, I did. We got him all fixed up, he showered, and I made him something to eat. Not long after eating, he was sleeping in the chair. I woke him after a bit and he went on in to bed.

I enjoyed the rest of the evening: I swept off the balcony, and since the birds were noisy, I sat out there and listened for a while. I've finished 3 loads of laundry, with one more to do tomorrow. And I did an hour of yoga. Amazing what that does for the lymph system.

I'm planning to meet up with Jeremy somewhere in Flint, probably, on his way down to Detroit to fly back to South Carolina. I think that will be a lovely way to share my birthday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. It's your Birthday!! It's your Birthday!!! Happy Birthday to you!!! Have an amazing day ~ just for you! Happy Birthday!

    Lots of Love from us to you,
    Tom & KS XO

    ReplyDelete