Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday 07.17.2010

I slept a little better last night, and this morning about 10 I didn't hear anything when I woke. I got up to find that Diane was out on the lake, fishing. She did good, too--kept about 15 panfish. Sunfish, bluegill. She amazes me.

She was out there until almost noon. And while she was out, I harvested another couple of quarts of rhubarb. I chopped it all, and made a rhubarb cobbler. Diane wanted strawberries, also, and I made a smaller one with both.

My left wrist hurt pretty good this morning, and it was a squishy kind of swollen. Motrin helped. When Diane came in, she had to clean her fish. When done, we went into Hale to find some floaty/inflatables for the lake. We looked in 4 different stores, and bought the last air matress available. We also got a couple of the smaller ones with the windows in them.

We came back and Diane blew them up. And we got in the lake with our new floaties. It was nice, but it was pretty windy and with the boat traffic it wasn't all that great. We got out and laid out on the pontoon, in the sun and a little out of the cooler wind.

As it was after 5, I came inside and showered. Polly and Jim came down with their supper fixin's--meat and potato salad and pasta--and Diane fixed a lovely greens salad to go with pork she had brought. Baked sweet potato was yummy, too, and we ended the meal with fresh coffee and fresh rhubarb cobbler. The best part of the wonderful meal was sharing it with people I love. Thanks, Diane, Polly, and Jim.

P&J left and we finished cleaning the kitchen, and Diane and I enjoyed the evening on the deck. Watched it get dark, as some say. I couldn't stay out very long because those giant mosquitoes get me. I came in after a while and looked for the instructions online for the screen room that goes with our Sunsetter Awning.

I did find the installation instructions for that screen room. Installation is not going to be a quick set up. First time will probably be several hours of intermittent joy and frustration, but not something I'm going to do without the other homeowner helping.

We've had a good time today. Tomorrow Jim and Polly leave, Vonnie arrives, Frank and friends arrive, and Diane leaves.

Thank you God for this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment