Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday 07.10.2010

Kind of a quiet day. Slept intermittently, as usual, and got up about 9:30. After breakfast I wandered around outdoors. Beautiful. Sunny, a good breeze, mid 70's that got up to 80 today.

I cleaned the birdbath and put it out. Swept the walks and the decks. Bob backed down my driveway--come see what I've got...

The local nursery/garden shop is going out of business, and he got a whole back of his blazer full of plants. "Pick which ones you want," he says. Evelyn was grinning. Such beautiful plants, it's really sad that the business is failing. (I wanted to buy my plants local. Wal Mart in West Branch is not local enough... . I feel bad) While I was getting the bird bath out I came across some 14" planters. I went and got one and chose 4 plants to put in it. 2 begonias, a gerbera daisy, and a double bloom impatients. Now I need dirt.

We unloaded his truck and they went on their way. An hour or so later, they're back--with another truck full. This time, they got 2 birdbaths, an electric fountain, and several decorative bird feeders, along with 2 bags of dirt. (The bird baths and fountain and feeders were for her son) I gave them $5 for my plants and dirt, and they gave me a 4 disc cd set of showtunes as a bonus.

I got my plants potted and took the remaining half bag of dirt back to them.

By now it was getting hot outside. The lake was busy with the boat action, and the wind and waves had caused my speedboat to pull against the tie-out stakes and move them enough so that the boat had started bumping against the dock. Hm. I guess I'll have to get in the water and reset those.

I did. As I was doing the second of the three, the clouds were gathering dark and the thunder was starting. I had finished the second stake and put the cover back on the boat and it started raining.

It rained pretty good for maybe an hour. Not much wind, just rain with occasional thunder. I had a bite to eat, read a while, and closed my eyes for a while, too.

I went down to the GC, as there was to be a fire tonight. Jim, Kris, and Ariana had come up for an overnight. The fire had just been started, so I was just in time.

Kris and Jim had brought instruments, 2 guitars and a violin; they were played and we sang and had s'mores. The temperature had dropped to low 60's. It was a nice evening.

Tomorrow we're planning to play with the speedboat--water skiing and tubing. I hope the wind is down and the lake is not so busy.

I was still kind of icky today, but I feel somewhat better having had a quieter day.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Just got "caught up" on your blog. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time so far. Hope the rest of your vac. goes as well. Makes me want to go to the lake....

    ReplyDelete