Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday 07.30.2010

I was sleeping this morning when I thought I heard pounding, like knocking on the door. I saw that it was a little before 9--I didn't get up. As I was drifting off to sleep, the phone rang. Ugh. Maybe it's important...

The missed call was a business call, and that person called back before too long. The knock on the door was Bob, who also called, to say that they were getting eave troughs installed and the truck would be in my driveway for a short time. Ok, thanks. The next couple hours I tried to get breakfast, in between phone calls. Funny how it seems to happen that the phone hardly rings, then there are times that it rings constantly. Anyway, it was almost noon, and I wanted to shower.

I enjoyed the shower, and the best part was when I looked at the back of the plumbing, and the caulk that I had put on. Everything was dry!! Woo Hoo!! I cleaned the tub and washed the dishes, getting things ready for me to leave.

I got my things collected throughout the day to go home. KS stopped in with her mom for a brief visit. Even though I wanted to paint in the bedroom today, it was more important to catch up on the outside tasks. I sprayed the perimeter of the house and part of the garage with bug spray, added more potting soil to the plants and watered them. Just as I was finishing up, KS arrives with their stuff, as they are moving to the JC today to free up the GC for Amber and her girls, and a couple of friends also.

I continued to gather and pack. I realized that I needed to eat, but Tom brought the girls over in the boat. It was sooo good to see Amber; and her daughters Gia and Shea. They are all three beauties. Unfortunately, I had to leave, so we couldn't play in the speedboat, and Daniel had also called while they were there. I touched base with him, hugged Amber again as they left, made my lunch as I packed up the refrigerator. I ate while KS unpacked her cooler.

Pretty soon I was ready to go. Tom had come back. I loaded up and took off about 6:40.

It was a good ride home, thank you God, with a few miles of rain. Holt was 80 degrees and sunny.

Dan was happy to see me, and helped me unload the car. We chatted and caught up while I unpacked.

He has gone to bed, and I'm almost there, too.

Tomorrow is a workday for both of us.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment