Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday 8.30.2008 Northbound

We woke shortly after 8 this morning, got cleaned up, and went downstairs.

Jennifer and Lilly were up; she was doing school stuff (as all teachers do in their "free" time). Jasmine and her friends were still sleeping.

We visited a bit, hugged our goodbyes, and headed out.

We stopped for breakfast after an hour or so. Back in the car, driving, driving. We went through the mountains, where the construction of the roads always fascinates me, and when we got into Kentucky, Daniel decided to call it a day.

We called ahead to a Comfort Inn on the north side of Knoxville, and that's where we're staying this evening. It's a very nice facility, fairly new. We walked to a restaurant and ate, came back and showered, and rested. You wouldn't think you'd be tired after sitting all day.

I got up and moved around, stretched a bit. Daniel ended up going to sleep about 9. It's now after 10, and I'm going to wind it up, too. I've had some pretty intense hot flashes these last several days. I don't know much about them, but I hope my body adjusts fairly soon. Maybe they'll last for the entire 5 years on the tamoxifen?? Questions for Dr. Bolmer in September or October, or whenever it is I see her next.

I hope we have a leisurely morning here before heading out. We'll be home Sunday night.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment