Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday 8.2.2008

What a lovely day today!! Even though I didn't sleep as well as I thought I would after working the last two days, I dozed off again this morning after Daniel left for golf. I had a slow morning, enjoying breakfast, listening to the birds, watering the plants. Soon it was time to get showered to go for my massage appointment.

I went to see Leah, Mason Massage. She had my "client sheet", and asked how I was doing. "Good," I told her. "The base of my neck across the shoulders feels really tight." She asked about the fullness in my arm/shoulder/breast, and, while she doesn't do the breast thing, she did do a little bit on the arm, armpit, and on the backside of the armpit/shoulder area. She said she could see where it was full, and she spent a little time on it.

That was after she worked on the right side of the neck. Holy Tight Muscles, Batman! Sheesh. She worked on that until it softened somewhat. Of course she does both sides, and as part of the process, I was lying face down.

With my arms alongside me, she tried to bend the left arm and bring it up to the small of my back. Now, you know I've had issues with a frozen shoulder, and also a torn supraspinatous ligament or tendon, and had treatment in January of 2007. My arm has not gone behind my back for almost 2 years. My arm went behind my back. Hey!!! Wow, she said. Does that hurt?? "No, not really," I replied. I was so surprised. She put it down alongside me, then picked it up and moved it again, watching the range of motion. My hand was resting in the small of my back. Wow! Yes, it felt more like a stretch in the shoulder joint than pulling, tugging or hurting. We talked about the healing, and think that maybe the "frozen shoulder" has "thawed". After all, I was told that a frozen shoulder is self-limiting; meaning that it will resolve itself in 1-3 years. The tear in the rotator cuff won't heal itself, though, and I'm not sure when or even if I am going to pursue having it repaired.

About 10 minutes more, and I was done. I paid her, confirmed appointments through October, and will schedule into November and December with a phone call. (Yes, she is that booked.) I went on my way back home.

Wow. A couple motrin and a tylenol, I drank water for a couple hours after, and flushed out. I showered, and my nipple sloughed off again. The whole breast has been achy, and the itchy-ness moves around, but mostly seems to be where the tumor and tissue were removed. I guess that makes sense, huh?

Dan came home about 5. We visited, I putzed around with laundry and other household tidbits. I made a grocery list; Dan was tired, so I went out by myself. I got what I needed, came home. Dan helped put things away, then went to bed.

I did food prep for the Gushen Family Reunion tomorrow at Imerman Park. It's a nice gathering of a great group of people I'm proud to say I'm related to.

I'm a little tired tonight, with a sore shoulder complex and achy breast. Not complaining, happy to be here. And feeling better.

Thank you for reading, for continuing to check in. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment