Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday 8.16.2008

Wow. Last night was short. I was up until after 3, and woke at 0645. Dan woke up, too, and he decided to get up and keep his tentative golf date. I dozed a little, but I was hungry, so I got up and had a bowl of "cereal deluxe", as I add raisins, nuts, bananas, and whatever else to make the flake cereals more healthy.

I went back to bed about 8:30, and woke again a couple hours later. I got up and stayed up this time.

I got myself ready for the day, and caught up with a bunch of email that came in. I putzed around, and went out to run errands. Daniel came in just as I was getting ready to leave. He was pretty tired, and he laid down to rest.

To the post office, then to the library to pick up reading and listening materials for vacation next week to Myrtle Beach. (Tom and KS have planned to go, too, but she's had a flare of back pain that may not allow her to travel. Bummer.) The library is in a building that sits in front of the Veterans Memorial Park. The grounds are maintained by the local Master Gardener, I think, because the flower beds are beautiful, and a lot of the plants are labeled. The sun was hot, the sky was blue, and the bees and butterflies were feeding on the many flowers. The 4 foot tall zinnias were spectacular with their bold colors. I took that time to enjoy God's world and thank Him for all of it.

I stopped at CVS to pick up a higher SPF lip balm for Daniel. He thinks his lips are getting sunburned while golfing. Can't have that....

Back home, he was sound asleep. I was hungry, and I fixed us some nachos, leaving Daniel's in the assembly stage for when he woke up.

I was surprised at how long he slept. Shortly after 5 he got up. He was hungry, and put his nachos together his way. Cool.

Breon called and stopped over to pick up a few more things. She's almost done moving. She looked good, though tired. She was gone as fast as she came in.

The rest of the evening passed.

I have had pretty good hot flashes this afternoon, and the perspiration thing happens--not with every hot flash, but not predictable, either. My breast and underarm are full, and I hope that Ike will agree to see me Monday.

Tomorrow is a work day, and I'm off to get some sleep, I hope.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment