Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tuesday 3.4.2008

Day 7, Treatment #3

So, today happened. Hot during the night, didn't sleep much. Woke up hungry, but breakfast didn't have much "taste" to my tongue. I spent the rest of the morning catching up on computer stuff. I have been able to drink, though, and have caught up on 60 ounces of water today.

Dan went to his golf lesson, I went to Meijer. I am so hungry, and felt ready for vegetables--specifically, green and yellow sweet peppers, cucumber, and whatever else looks good.

I got home and prepared a salad with chicken on it, and ate. Hm. Can't really taste this. Bummer. I ate it anyway, cuz I'm hungry. And I've been drinking milk. It's cool, and soft; doesn't really taste like milk, but I can't tell you what it does taste like. And I'm nauseated again. I take a Nexium to see what that will do.

Time to go to Jackson. Mom still doesn't feel good. She's whiney when you touch her, like her skin is sensitive. She ate well, though, and I got her tucked into bed, and drove home in another snowstorm. A two-handed drive. I think all of last winter I only had a handful of "driving days". This year, at least half (or so it seems) of my drives have been snowy. Oh yeah, it is winter in Michigan...

I've still been mostly nauseated the remainder of the evening. I took a compazine about 9:00. It hasn't worked too well. After 0100, I'll try a Zofran if I'm still uncomfortable. And the roof of my mouth is sore, behind my front teeth. Yuck. I guess I'll have to stick with the softer foods a couple more days. And, while I'm complaining, my breast is sore, too. I took a couple of tylenol for that. And the nerve down the inside of my upper arm aches and itches. (How can something ache and itch when it doesn't have sensation...?)

I'm feeling pretty tired. I didn't have a nap today, and the only thing I did was small grocery shopping. Wednesday and Thursday are work days. I hope I'm ready for it. I guess I'll do what I need to do....

I need to go to bed. So, that's what I'll do. Thanks for reading. Hugs.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sis, This treatment seemes to be a rough one on those cancer cells, a real butt kicker. Rest and recovery for one more day may be needed?? You know best but no need to be Iron Woman .Take a day off if you need to.
    Love And Light,

    -B-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathy,

    We hope you're feeling better today. Perhaps you should plan an extra day or two of recovery after your next treatment as it seems each one is taking just a little longer to recoup from...just a thought:)

    We hope you are able to taste a little more today. It seems hard to eat when everything is tasteless. The chicken salad sure sounds good.

    Take care.

    Love,
    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Kathy, Take your time, and rest if you need to. Even Wonder Woman took a day off now and then :) You are a trooper and we are so proud of you. I hope you can taste your nummy chicken salad soon! Love ya, Cari

    ReplyDelete