Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday 3.30.2008

Day 12, Treatment #4

Here at Crud Castle, Crud Man had a temp this morning of 101. I looked up cold vs. flu on the internet--one of the differences making it the respiratory flu is the temperature. I'm not a doctor, but it sounds like the respiratory flu. He is sucking in fluids when he gets up, stays up for an hour or so, then goes back to bed.

Myself, slept in the guest room again last night. I like that I'm not bothering him with my temperature instabilities, but it seems strange sleeping somewhere else. The guest room is at the complete opposite end of the house, so I don't even hear him snoring (and that's a bad thing?).

I met a group of my family at Claddagh's Irish Pub here in Lansing for a "Zero Birthday"--Polly's 60th. We ended up with 12 of us, and had a wonderful afternoon, with good food, fellowship, and fun.

We said our farewells and each went our separate ways in the rain. When I got home, Crud Man was on the bed. He woke up after a few minutes--no better. He made his way out to the living room, where he dozed in the chair and I tipped over on the sofa. After a while he went back to bed, and I putzed away the evening. Daniel got up again about 8:00, and when he checked his temp it was 101.1. We discussed phone calls to our physicians; he'll call his Dr. in the morning, and I'll call Dr. Bolmer's office in the morning, too, just to keep on top of things. Hopefully I won't be sick in the morning....

My head is resolving (revolving?), still not able to walk a "normal" pace, and have had a couple small bouts of nausea. Still with hots and colds. But better.

Tomorrow is a work day, and Tuesday, too. I hope I sleep ok, that Daniel feels better, and that I don't get it.

Thanks for your prayers and hugs. I'll write tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment