Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday 3.2.2008 Human?

Day 5, Treatment #3

After a fragmented night of hot, cold, awake, asleep, up to the bathroom, up for medicine, back to bed, turn this way, stretch my legs out, man I'm hot, Dan's got his covers up to his ears, (the window is open a good 5 inches, with the wind blowing in, on my side), sheesh, I finally cooled off, doze off to sleep, well, you get the idea... It was finally morning and time to get up. And I was hungry.

My tummy was still questionable, and my taste buds are definitely affected, but I fixed my breakfast and ate it. It wasn't all unpalatable, just not 100% yummy. My tongue is "numb" around the perimeter.

I showered, dressed, and got laundry started. (We decided to wash the bed...) Over to the sofa, I dozed off, while Daniel went out to get groceries.

He came back in with the goods, I had made the bed, and I was resting again. I woke up, was hungry again, and had a bite to eat. I was realizing that I was feeling better. I stayed awake, mostly, for a couple hours, then took myself to the nursing home.

Mom was quiet, she still has a cough and a runny nose, though it's clear now, and I got her tucked into bed.

Home again, I'm feeling darn right better. I had a bowl of cereal, which didn't bother my mouth as much as I thought it might, and I am finding myself actually smiling!!! Woo Hoo!!! I made it!!

As I write here, I'm getting sleepy; it's 9:45. So, once again, I'll thank you for reading, for the prayers and positive energies that you each have been sending me. I'm sure that's been a major factor in my processes.... Hugs to all.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Kathy,

    We were glad to read you are starting to feel better. We keep praying and thinking of you.

    Love,
    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. KJ...hang in there!!! Love ya! JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello My Little Easter Bunny,,,,

    Hope you are feeling much better tonight,,,I can't believe you had the window open !!! Hope your heat controller is back in working order,,,lol.

    Peace and Pilates,

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Kath!! Glad to hear you're feeling better today! Most interesting you're responses from Aunt Elaine!! She knows!!! God love her and you too!! You are in my thoughts and prayers eveyday! I am THRILLED for you about the genetic results!! YEA!!! Rainbows of love and healing are being sent your way! Stay out of the snow tomorrow!! Love you cuz!! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aunt Kath,

    Whew, so glad to read you're feeling better now. You continue to amaze with your strength and determination. You are in my thoughts and heart always. Love you, Cari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I hadn't read in awhile. Wed and Thursday when you were going through it, I was very sick again with cold, cough, head heavy, aching,feeling so crummy. But, getting better at last. While I was home, I was praying for you...catching up now, sorry that you been feeling so crappy....glad that you are feeling better today. Loved hearing about that special time with your Mom. You are daily in my prayers. Love you. Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kath,

    Glad to hear that you are feeling better. It was neat to hear about your nice interaction with mom. Thanks so much for doing what you do with her and giving of your time. As always you are in our thoughts.

    Love
    Dave & Catherine

    ReplyDelete