Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday March 10, 2008

Day 13, Treatment #3

Back to work, a cruise control drive. Boy, am I glad to see the snow letting up! We were busy today, but you know that I have the greatest co-workers ever, and our daywent well, overall.

Interesting tidbit--this afternoon I wasn't feeling well. My stomach hurt, and just when I thought I might have to take something, (20-30 minutes?), it started to let up. But during that time, I was hot, and I must have looked funny, because my weavers were watching me and wanted me to sit down for a few minutes. Now, mind you, I wasn't feeling like I was looking funny, I just felt funny, punky, and my stomach hurt, and I was hot. Hm. I wonder what they saw that triggered their protective mechanisms?? I did sit for just a few minutes, but I had things to do, and I had to get up and do them. Then, and here's the weird part, the next time I had to pee, the urine really smelled different, kind of stinky. Eww. What as that all about??

I'm telling you, these medicines are strange business. I kept drinking my water and flushing through....

I eventually clocked out and headed over to the nursing home. Mom was sleeping in her chair. She woke up ok, but took many minutes to open her mouth to take her medicine. She did drink all the water. Staff said she did not eat anything for supper tonight, and only drank about half of her milk. Two of us got her into and out of the bathroom, with not much help from her. Over to the bed and tucked in, she was asleep within minutes. She still has a runny nose and loose cough that she never clears. God be with you, Mom.

Cruised on home, checked snail mail, email, wrote here, got ready for tomorrow, and I'm off to bed.

Thank you so much for all of your support. As each of us has our own unique journey to walk, thank you for walking with me on this part of the path. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy Jean,

    We are thinking of you and check the blog a couple of times a day. We're glad you feeling better.

    As far as the urine output being smelly, get used to it with all the medicines you're on. You are definitely right that more fluids will help made it less. :)

    Keep hanging in there. We're praying for you all of the time.

    Love,
    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kathy,

    I miss seeing you but I am still checking in here when I can and reading what is going on.

    Your pictures of your reduced hair is interesting to see, but you still have the smile that lights up the room and you look so good that you do not need hair to be a beautiful woman.

    keep up the fight and smile because we are all with you each and every day.

    You are my hero

    Kay

    ReplyDelete