Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday 3.24.2008

Day 6 Treatment #4

I slept better again last night, still having the "hots" but not as frequently, I don't think. Dan thinks I slept better, too. I am noticing a frequent cough, sometimes a little moist. When I mentioned it to Daniel, he says it happened with the other treatments, too. Ok, I guess we'll just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't turn into something bad.

You know how you might sit with your hand near your mouth and start playing with your lip?? I was doing that this morning, kind of subconsciously, and the next thing I know, I had a layer of skin about an inch long from the inside of my bottom lip. Oh! I wonder if the top lip is going to peel too... Yup, I pulled about an inch from the top lip as well. (I knew they had been swollen, was that Friday/Saturday?)

Our wall mounted microwave unit failed yesterday due to a power surge, and after a conversation with the insurance company today, Daniel braved taking me to Lowe's to get a replacement unit. Again, the sensory stimulation is almost overwhelming. But having experienced it before, I kind of knew what kind of overload to expect. I can't walk fast. At all. I seem to be thinking ok, maybe a little slower than usual. We went directly to the microwave display, a nice employee came up to us just as we had found the model we needed, and found one way up there in the black finish that we needed. He checked on the computer, and the price was actually less than posted (yay), got the big stair thing, got the unit down, put it on the dolly thing, pushed it up front for us, and cashed us out. Thank you, Lowe's guy. That worked out well.

At home, Daniel set right to the project, which wasn't much of a project overall. Between him and what little help I could give him, we got the old unit out and the new unit installed. WaLaa!

After that was picked up and put away, I made food for us. It took me a while to eat, and when I was done, boy was I tired. So I laid down and took a nap.

I woke up about 5:45. It was still beautifully sunny outdoors. I had to get outside. So I did. I ended up walking just a short circle in our complex. Slowly. I noticed that I really didn't have a gait, so to speak--my arms were down to my side as opposed to swinging with each step. When I did move my arms, my head didn't keep up. Whoa--that's weird. So I just slowed down. I figured I was outside getting fresh air and sunlight and who cared how fast I was going.....

I came back in and had to rest. Daniel has spent the majority of the rest of the day trying to restore the computer, that somehow seems to have a program conflict. I don't know-it's not my area of expertise...

I went through some of Mom's things, sorted and reflected...looked at a little television, and it's time for bed.

Thank you for continuing to pray for me/us, for reading, for the colorful energies that I know are surrounding me with healing strenghs. So far, it's working. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. How does it feel to not have to go flying off to Jackson every evening to see your Mom? Is it a relief or does it leave a gap? You were such a dutiful and loving daughter. I bet she is telling everyone about you up there in heaven. I bet she's so proud of you! I can just see her showing off the pictures of her kids and telling them all about each one of you, especially her precious Kathy who came every day, rain or snow, chemo or not.
    Clarence, grandson, Cole, and myself are flying off to Turkey on Wednesday. Please keep us in your prayers for our safely and that this trip to see Daniel and Lucia will be a blessing to us all. We will not be home until late April 15th. I will not be on-line. But you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, as I trust, we will be in yours. Take care until then. Love you. Teresa.

    ReplyDelete