Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday 3.28.2008 Return To Work...

Day 10, Treatment #4

This morning I got up and drove to Jackson, again on crunchy, icy roads. Wouldn't you think the roads would be better--after all, they've had all winter to practice... On the good side, though, I didn't see any cars off the road.

I made it safely to the hospital parking lot. I guess I should say that my head was still a little swimmy this morning, and walking was the slow speed. I was happy to see the shuttle approach as I was getting out of my car to walk the long block over. As I approached the bus, whew-I got dizzy. I took a breath, climbed aboard, and wondered if I should be here.....

A warm welcome from my friends/co-workers. We had a good crew working on West today. The morning passed with me doing what I can do, slowly. I did ok. Then I got hungry, and noticed that the swooshy feeling was just a bit more pronounced. Ok. I ate, it helped the swooshies maybe minimally. The day goes on.

Lunch. Our Leadership Team brought lunch in for us. That was really nice. Yummy, too.

I went to the lab and had my blood drawn, the results were similar to the other interval results. I guess I'm stable...

The afternoon passed nicely, too. I was able to sit and rest for maybe 30 minutes or so. That helped.

Then, about 4:30/5:00, I started feeling better. Like the fog, or the veil, was lifting. Such an obvious change. How weird is that. The last couple of hours I noticed that I could walk just a little bit faster. Hm. Not all the way better, but better.

Shift over, I go to the locker room and change my shoes, gather my things, etc. I head outside to get to the parking lot. No shuttle. Ok, I'll walk, and I'll be slow. And I was. And I got there ok. I was glad to get in my car, though.

The drive home was good; dry roads, and daylight. And my head fog was better. Still there, but better.

My Daniel has The Crud. Glassy eyes, cold and hot, chest bark (cough). Poor guy. I hope he gets over it soon. I hope I don't get it. (right...)

I'm off to bed soon. I think I've turned the corner. I say that with a bit of apprehension, a bit guarded, cautious. Tomorrow will tell.

Thank you for reading. Hugs to all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    I worry about you pushing yourself just a bit too hard. If you feel like that again on a work day, PLEASE call in sick. OK?? You take such excellent care of other people, but it's OK to take excellent care of yourself too! (Just cuz I love ya, cuz. Just cuz I love ya.) OK, enough preaching.

    On a happy note, I'm planning Suzies 50th birthday party. It will be on either April 12th or 19th. She will let me know this weekend. I will then send out the invitations. I do hope you are feeling well enough to come. If so, do you have anything red and purple to wear? Hee, hee.
    Rest easy this weekend and I do hope that you feel much better real soon.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete