Monday, January 21, 2008

Tuesday 1.22,2008

Day 7, Treatment #1

About 0330 this morning, that was enough. I got up and took a couple of tylenol. My hips hurt, ached reallly, I was restless. So, after 20-25 minutes or so, I settled down and went back to sleep. Of course, the tylenol had worn off, but I wasn't nearly as uncomfortable.

We had a quiet morning, taking turns with the heating pad. Daniel has had a sore lower back for several days (he's changed his golf swing...) and not much seems to help comfort-wise.

After a while, I take myself to the clubhouse here to try a bit of exercise. It is snowy, 20 some degrees and gusty. I think it would be better to try the treadmill instead of going outdoors and maybe getting a mile or so out and getting in trouble. And the cold stress, too. So, I go to the clubhouse.

I am disappointed that I can't open any of the 3 sliding glass doors. I know, it's cold out, but it smells like an exercise room in there. And I prefer the fresh air. I get on a machine and do what I can. I ended up about 35 minutes and jogged most of the time. I guess I did pretty good. After I got home, though, I wondered if I did, or if I hurt myself. I have not been fond of treadmills, or any type of machine that strides; my hips get really sore. And that soreness set in. I took another couple of tylenol, laid on the sofa with the heating pad on my pelvis, and a bottle of water. After 45 minutes or so, I had to get in the shower. I would have rather had a nap. But I got cleaned up, had a bite to eat, and left to go to Jackson.

Mom was good, ate well, and I got her tucked into bed and came home. My hips are still sore, but not like they were this afternoon. I took another couple of tylenol, and am heading off to bed soon.

I go back to work tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday. I'm a bit anxious--I don't know how my energy level is going hold up, or my brain, either. I certainly want to be a capable teammate. I still have my hair, though it seems to be dull, and my mouth is somewhat better. I did notice that the IV site is reddened. Not the poke hole, but where the end of the catheter was in the vein. Maybe 3/4 to 1 inch long. I thought of calling the office, but I wouldn't be able to go in until Friday, and I have a lab draw so I'll be there anyway. Maybe I'll see what the iv therapists at my place think of it.

Ok, I'm off. Thanks for reading my ramblings.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aunt Kathy,
    I hope your hips are not giving you too much trouble at work today. I just wanted to touch base and let you know that we are still sending powerful love and healing energy every minute of every day. Stay strong and wrap yourself in our colors to keep you warm. Love you, Cari

    ReplyDelete