Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday 1.10.2008

Another good day. Dan was up and on his way to Florida early this morning, and I dozed again, waking about 9:00. I pre-treated and laundered my winter coat (I love a light colored jacket, but it sure looks yucky when it's dirty) and got ready to head to Jackson. I participated in our unit's Practice/Ops committee meeting, got a few groceries afterward, stopped at the credit union, and went over to the nursing home to help mom.

She was quiet tonight, unnervingly staring off into space like she was watching something or someone. Every once in a while she would smile, or have other facial expressions. It was kind of interesting to watch, but creepy too. And all the while she opened her mouth and ate dinner. We did the whole washing up process without much noise from her, until she was actually tucked into bed, at which point she was vocal for only a few minutes. All part of the process, I suppose.

I came home in the rain, checked the internet, and wrote here. Daniel got to Florida without incident and is eager to spend his time at the golf courses with minimal interuptions. I'm happy that he had the opportunity to get away--he's been great with our disease process, and it's all part of the balance to take time for himself.

Tomorrow is workday for me, and I'm off to bed. Thank you all for reading. Your kind words, hugs, smiles, and support is so very welcome, and helps me feel I can do this. God has blessed me with you.

1 comment:

  1. hi aunt kathy ~

    blessings, balance, boring days of normal-ness....life is good.

    Thank you for including snippet updates of Grandma Elaine. It's interesting to read about the subtle reactions(?) from her & your thoughts as you witness her journey.

    And thanks for answering the previous questions, I have another question for you - - - have you changed your diet? Are you doing anything special/different? Lots of talk about "green" diets, increasing supplements & cleansing organs...have you adopted any of those? Maybe its because I was raised by such co-op lovin', naturalist, hippie-wanna-be, back-to-the-earth parents (which I say with much love & respect...but remember when they were going to build an "earth-house"? Oiy! I'm still scarred from the rock hard co-op peanut butter that you had to stir the oils back in before you could make a simple sandwich!! LOL Oh yeah, and the stupid carob fake chocolate...that stuff should be banned!) that I do now believe in the importance of what we put in our bodies and how greatly it affects us. Except when it comes to chocolate aka "food-of-the-gods"...the real stuff is always good for you. :)

    Anywho ~ hope that made ya giggle today and even though I digress, what's your thoughts on the whole diet/supplement aspect as you prepare for chemo/radiation therapies?

    Fluffy snowy hugs to you from the north (we got 6-8 inches last night) ~ XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete