Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday 1.28.2008

Day 13, Treatment #1

I worked today, and did pretty good. Good staff always makes the day go better. I got pretty tired in the afternoon, but got through it without a rest period. (where's my rug?)

Over to the nursing home, got Mom tucked into bed. Back home, I visited with Dan, wrote here, then off to bed to do it again tomorrow.

I found an awesome forum at www.breastcancer.org , about the Taxotere and Cytoxan treatments. A group of women are communicating about their treatments, most were diagnosed late fall/early winter, and most are on their 2nd and 3rd treatments. So empowering and enlightening to read of others' physical and emotional responses. Seems I'm doing a little better than average with my first treatment. I hold no expectations as to the next one, February 6 & 7, just that I know that my woven blanket of positive energies surrounds me. Your colors will strengthen, and I will close my eyes and draw my breath, imagining the pathway vibrant and strong, and be able to walk along, knowing all will be well.

I ask you to please send some strength and love to my friend Zoe, who has her own struggle with a 16 year old son whose wounds seem to be some odd disease process; this young man has large, gaping areas on his behind that just kind of developed. After 2 surgeries, these wounds are slow to heal, if at all, and come with extremely painful, challenging dressing changes. She also has a husband, job, and 3 young children to share her time with. The parent in each of us knows her pull.

Thank you. I've got to go to bed, 0410 is just a few hours away....Hugs, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment