Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday January 18, 2008

Day 3, Treatment #1

Didn't sleep much last night, maybe 3 hours or so. I put the earphones on and listened to NPR, which usually lets me doze, and I probably did until I turned it off about 0730. I slept another hour or so, and saw that day had dawned clear, the sun was shining.

I took stock: didn't hurt, my hands were a little stiff but the swelling was much less. That was encouraging. Ok, what about the hair. I reach up and pull. Nope, still there. Dan smiles.

I got out of bed. Hm, kind of slow, like my head is slower than my body. Interesting. I'm hungry, but not quite ready to eat, so I try some water. Eww, that didn't go well. I brewed a little, and that tasted much better. I actually had about a cup and a half. Then I could drink water. The sun comes in the living room, across the sofa, and I sit there like a dog in the sun. Mmmm. That's nice. Dan mentions that he wants to go to the chiropractor today, that he's in the office after 12:30. He goes to shower.

Ok, I go next. It's about 11:30 and I'm ready to eat. I create an omelette of asparagus, tomato, cheese, and chicken. Yum. We share it, then head over to the chiropractor.

Dan goes first, he's really out of whack. Dr puts him back together and it's my turn. He watches me walk-whoa, he says--you're really out of it. I think, I am? I thought I was doing pretty good. He sits me down, checks the lymph nodes in the neck and down to the clavicles. There is a larger node on the left side and he pushes on it. I stop him, that's on the operative side. It hurts. I tell him about the surgeries, the nodes being removed, and he touches that area again. It was a little less congested, and he massaged it a little more to move the fluid from it. I tell you, I'm guarded about those lymph nodes. But I think he did ok. He run his fingers along my spine, pushed a little here and there, used some kind of implement that had alternating pressure, and I really think that he did some good. He helped me stand up, and I felt like my head was on straighter. Dan and I left, went across the street and browsed through Kean's for a few minutes, then went back home.

I went up to the loft where it was a little warmer and laid down on my sofa, with my afghan, and snoozed for an hour and a half. I felt a little more rested, but also that I was like trying to get sick or something. Kind of achy. Dan says that's one of the side effects of the Neupogen shot I got yesterday. Oh goody.

I put a few tater tots in the oven, thawed some shrimp, and had a bite before I went to Jackson. I was ok, just a little punky. I felt better after eating.

I fed mom, got her tucked in, and came home. My "ride home" apple didn't taste very good, and the inside of my mouth felt a little tingly while I was eating it. I ate it anyway. As the evening has progressed, I am getting more tired. I'm ok sitting here, with the warmth of the laptop on my legs, and the heating pad on my shoulder, but my face feels like sinus pressure, my throat is a little irritated, and my lips feel a little swollen. My scalp is getting tender and my shoulders across my back are a little sore, too. Hm. We'll see what happens.

I am thankful for the medications and treatments to rid my body of cancer. I know it's way early in this treatment process to worry about getting to the end, and that it will probably be a horrible process. But, with God's help, your continued weaving of my colorful hotline, and our positive attitudes, I will be ok. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    We are thinking of you and praying for your healing.

    Love,
    Polly and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kathy,

    You are doing great. We are all cheering you on and will be with you through out. You are a very strong person.

    Prayers always!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kathy,
    Hi Cuz! I'm so glad to hear that your first treatment went so well for you. So how often do you receive these? I pray that they don't make you too sick. You are such a brave and strong woman and I have always admired that. You are truly my hero. It brings tears to my eyes to know that you have to go through all this, but I know that you will come out on top of it all with flying colors. I love you so very much and I am sending lots of prayers and positve energy your way. May the peace and love of God bring you comfort.
    All my love,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sweet Thang,,,lol if you need a quick haircut or help shaving it let me know and I will be right there. I'm open 24/7 for you.
    May the love of God, family and dear friends warm you to your bones today and always.

    Peace & Peas,
    Miss B

    ReplyDelete