Friday, November 23, 2007

Surgery 11/23/2007

I'm home, 8:10 pm. A long day. I'll skip to the news--I ended up with a lumpectomy, and the sentinal node came back positive. :( So she did a full axillary dissection. I have a bulky dressing over my breast and into the pit, with a JP drain inserted under the arm.

I didn't do well with nausea, and my breast hurts pretty good. The armpit is ok right now. We discovered that the fentanyl ivp was causing nausea that zofran didn't really help. The fentanyl did help the breast pain, though. So I ended up in recovery 4 1/2 hours.

The JP drain was emptied of approx. 40 ml. before we left. The nurse gave me reglan for the nausea, then maybe 10 minutes later gave me 0.1 mg dilaudid. I tolerated that much better, but what a sensation--kind of like drunk but not really. It's difficult to stand without weaving.

I took 1 darvocet and 1 tylenol es. I'm going to rest now, and write again when I can.

Thanks to all, Love you, Kathy

1 comment:

  1. hey Kath!!!Glad to hear your'e home! Been thinking of you all day! Good news today, PMA! Rest and take care of yourself for the next few days. In other words LAY LOW GIRLFRIEND!! Love ya much, Sue and Diane

    ReplyDelete