Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Little History 11/14/2007

I've been having breast discomfort in the left breast for about 3 months. So, you know, you wait and hope it gets better. It kindof did, but then not really. So the second month, I wondered, hmmm, maybe something's not right. We we'll give it a little more time and see how it feels. The third month I'm thinking, hmm, this isn't any better. In fact, it appears a bit more full and now it's really tender at the top. Maybe I'd better have this checked out.

So I call Passages, the local breast health place, and my favorite nurse calls me back to say a mammogram would be diagnostic, and they would not be able to help me, and to see the primary care physician. Oh. Ok.

Another week and a half or so and I can coordinate my schedule with the Doctor's available appointment (but I have breast changes--can't you see me any sooner???). He does a breast exam and agrees that I have changes in the breast, and offers me to see a surgeon in the area. I have done some research, though, and found the Ingham Regional Breast Care Center, and we both agree that that would be a good choice for comprehensive care.

I went to the Breast Care Center November 7 for a mamm and ultrasound. I met some great people, and made an appointment for the next day for a needle biopsy with ultrasound guidance.

The biopsy was done November 8, and I also met the surgeon that day. I came away with the sense that all was not well, but they did not say as much. I had a follow up appointment for the following Wednesday, November 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment