Saturday, November 24, 2007

Home 11.24.2007

We had a pretty good night, got up about 7:30. I have been using 1 darvocet and 1 tylenol extra strength for pain. I have explored my wound; the front of my armpit is numb (that explains why it doesn't hurt) and the breast is somewhat achy. I've been keeping the icepack on, and that seems to help a lot. I emptied 60 ml of pinkish fluid from the bulb drain. My left hand has been swollen off and on, it seems to be better when the icepack is in the pit area. I finally was able to eat--a scrambled egg and toasted english muffin, cranberry/grape juice cut with water, and fresh brewed coffee. Yum. Took a little time to get it in, but I felt better after I ate. I have also drank at least 60 ounces of water today. When I urinated, it was green!! Hey, Dan, my urine's green! Oh, yeah, he says, Dr. Sanchez said it would be. (anything else I should know....)

Dan's daughter Kristen arrived for her Daddy to take her to the airport. We had good conversation, and they left about 1:20. Frank got here about 1:40. He's my driver today. We left about 3 for my hair appointment, then over to the nursing home to see mom. I emptied the drain of about 25 ml pinkish fluid before we left.

Mom was good--she had lots to say. Not upset, just vocal. My friend Chris B. offered to get her ready for bed last night. What a gift. I fed Mom, Frank helped me get her into the bathroom, I got her washed up, and Kendra the aide helped finish up and get back to bed. Mom had her meds, I tucked her in, and we left.

Frank and I stopped for a bite to eat at Fazoli's, then on home. I tried 1 T3 and 1 tylenol extra strength. I feel better, not so squirrelly. Dan took Kristen to Detroit Metro, I think he did some grocering, then he and a man-friend Lee caught a movie.

Frank left, we wound down for the night. I emptied another 25 ml of lighter pink fluid from the drain. The ice pack helps with the discomfort.

Thank you all for reading my posts. I have been hearing that you're not able to comment? Try going over to the profile and using the email option. Maybe that will work?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling a bit better. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey I am glad you are feeling better, just rest up and take care

    ReplyDelete