Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday 10.09.2011

Wow, another beautiful day at the lake!! Clear blue sky, occasional light breeze, and afternoon temp of 79 degrees!!!

I didn't sleep very well, though. About 0200 I heard the scritch-scratching in the wall by the chimney, which was near the head of the bed. Ack! I reached up and smacked the wall, hoping to scare the rodent away, but after just a few seconds, it resumed it's activity. Not knowing if this is the creature that tucked the corn kernels under my pillow, I didn't want to wake up with a little rodent face looking into my eyes. So I got up and went into the other bedroom.

That bed wasn't made. As I was putting the sheets on that bed, I picked up that pillow, and--another 3 corn kernels. Are you kidding me?? How can that be?? So now I'm getting creeped out. I haven't seen any other signs of activity--like mouse feces, or nibblings on things--but something has been in the house.

I went out on the deck and enjoyed the morning for a bit. Mirror quiet, there were several boats out fishing. I wondered if there might have been a fishing tournament or something. I watched as one guy casted out and got a hit--and pulled in a good sized fish--maybe a bass or something.

I went out for a jog, breakfast, shower, etc. and gathered my things to get ready to leave. As I was doing that, Bob came over, needing help for a project.

They were putting their Sunsetter awning away, and needed a third set of hands. (I think they really only needed a referee--they tend to not work well together) We got the project done and I said my good-byes.

I got on the road about 4:30. With the "smart phone" we have Verizon service, and it has a navigation program with a "traffic" layer that shows areas of slowed and stopped traffic. I was happy to have this--I was able to exit and miss two different areas of stopped traffic, one on I-75 and another on I-69. I finally got home about 7:30, after refueling the vehicle.

Unloaded, unpacked, snack, ready for bed. Tomorrow is a workday.

Thank you for your prayers--my dear Uncle has gone to Heaven. To quote another family member--"Christmas will never be the same".

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment