Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesday 07.13.2011 Gynecologist, and VACATION!!!

I started out this morning at the Gynecologist office.

A nice girl, Nancy, called me back, and was the technician who did a trans vaginal ultrasound on me. She turned the screen so I could see it, but the shades of gray didn't look like much to me. I didn't see anything that looked suspicious, though. It was not an uncomfortable procedure, more like a little awkward. Probably more for me than for her. It took about 20 minutes, and she took lots of measurements.

After that, I went back out to the waiting room for my turn to see Dr. Maney.

I think I waited another 20 minutes or so to be called back, then waited again. But Doctor did show up, and she said everything looked good. The endometrial cells from the biopsy last week were healthy, and the ultrasound showed a healthy uterus. They were only able to identify one ovary, but that's not uncommon, she said, and nothing to be concerned about.

She also said that occasional spotting like that is not unusual, and generally nothing to worry about. But if the bleeding is more frequent, and/or a larger amount, to please call for an appointment, and the option would be a D&C to see what was going on in there, which could, of course, lead to a hysterectomy.

Ok.

I asked her if she would accept me as a patient for my "annual" exams, and she smiled and said "Sure". We chatted a bit, I thanked her, and went to make my appointment. November 8, I think.

Whew.

Glad for the good news, and to have someone who will follow that end of things for me, I went on my way to Meijer.

I picked up what I wanted from there, then stopped at CVS for a few things, then home.

I finished getting my things together, talked with Frank, who decided he would drive up on his own, ate my lunch, loaded the car, and was on the road at 4 pm.

Woo Hoo!! I'm going to The Lake!!!

A safe drive up, thank you God.

All was good when I arrived. I was walking around outdoors, having opened the cabin, and was ready to unload the car when Tom showed up. Just in time--he helped me unload the car (which was much appreciated; thanks, Tom). I had lots, as I had taken things home to launder, as well as brought some things to leave.

We then started talking about my screen room project. I think that we've talked everything through enough that we've about got it figured out. He's going to help me tomorrow--I'm so excited to get that installed under the Sunsetter awning. I'll be able to sit out on the deck in the evening, without mosquitoes.

He left, and I had to get the cooler unpacked, as well as everything else. Then I realized that the reason I felt funny is that I hadn't eaten. So I had a snack while looking at the computer.

And I'm about ready for bed.

It's so nice to be here for more than a couple of days.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Very good, kathy jean. Having a check-up before going to a vacation is a good thing to do. It's not nice to feel anxious about your health, especially if you're supposed to have fun!

    ReplyDelete