Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday 06.03.2011

Wednesday I went to see Leah for the Reflexology appointment. I still think it's odd, how following a pattern of manipulations on the feet and hands can have such effects on the body. She got to an area on my second foot, and I got extremely nauseated. Ugh. It's not the first time it's happened, but it was one of the more intense responses I've had. And my favorite thing to say is, "it's all hooey".

But I can't deny that I have physiological responses to the treatments.

When I got home, I drank some water and laid down. I ended up sleeping about an hour and a half!

When I woke, I realized I was hungry, so I fixed something and ate.

And after a while, I went out for a jog.

Thursday, I went to Jackson and took Sandy to get a few things for the apartment, as well as seeing about a library card. We had a nice lunch at Anna's there in Jackson.

When I got back home, I went out for another jog. I'm doing pretty good with the exercise.

Today, Friday, was a workday.

I was very busy. The census called for another person in my job role, but there was no one to come in until after 1 pm. So, with my two great co-workers, we plodded through the first half of the day. I did pretty good, initially. I recognized that I was getting overwhelmed, as my brain got "spacey" and I had a hard time thinking, keeping on task, sorting things out, making sense of my worksheet. I may have discovered why I felt so discombobulated--I had started a series of vital signs on a post op patient, doing them at the appropriate intervals, and recorded them on my worksheet to transcribe into the computer. The times I wrote on the paper were an hour later than actual. So every time I looked at them, well, you can see what happened. I caught it when I was finally able to document it into the computer, several hours later. By then, the additional nurse was there to help me, and she jumped in and took over on the "busy" stuff so that I could catch up. Thank you, Heather. And my brain started making sense of things again. It was such an odd feeling, that disconnectedness.

A safe drive home, thank you God. There are a number of dead deer scattered along the highway these last couple of days. I saw a couple of them this morning, and a couple this evening, on MY side of the highway fence. They were standing, feeding. They can turn around and hop back over the fence.

Tomorrow I'll catch up on housework.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment