Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday 01.22.2010

I listened to the radio for a while last night to sleep--I was happy to see when I woke it was daylight. I dozed again, getting up about 9 with sinus discomfort. Ugh. I took a sudafed and motrin and tylenol.

A slightly hazy morning and 28 degrees. Hm, maybe I'll go out for a walk before I go this afternoon...

I enjoyed my morning--breakfast, fresh brew, caught up on emails, and realized that I was feeling better. I got ready for the day. The sky had cleared to bright blue, and though there was a bit of a breeze, I got ready to go outside.

Bundled up, I took the camera and went out. The possum tracks under the shed are not as active as previously; there was a set of rabbit tracks, though. The breeze was coming from the east, so I decided to walk down Grace Street first, then back across the lake to our cabin, with the wind at my back.

It was lovely outdoors. All was well at the Goodwin Cottage, as well as the All-Inn, Anne's place next door. It was 30 degrees on the Goodwin thermometer. I took a few pics. I'll post the link when I can.

Down the bank and out onto the ice. So awesome. I got photos of the same cracks as last time; so neat. When I got back, I fired up the van and let it run while I knocked down the (low) snow drift in our driveway. It didn't take very long, though I do notice that my shoulder didn't like it. I was careful, trying to be aware of the muscle moves and rested frequently.

That done, I undid the van, closed up the garage, and got ready to go. When I got back in, I saw that I had been out for 2 hours. Wow. I had to pack up and leave.

I did, and left just before 5. I stopped in Mt. Pleasant to see Diane on the way back, and I had the pleasure of meeting her friend of 30 years, Gail. Of course, we had heard of each other, but had only met once, way back in the last century. She joined us as Diane and I were looking at the pictures I had just taken. The three of us went on the walk together. It was fun. Thanks for inviting Gail, Diane, I had a good time.

I had to leave. I got on the road shortly after 9, getting home by 10:45. I've unloaded the car, had a snack, and looked in on Dan a couple of times, who was sleeping soundly.

So I wrote here. I'm off to bed, as tomorrow is a workday. For both of us. I'm happy to say that my head is better again. Not gone, but better. Thank you God. And for the safe travel.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God, you got home safe and sound! (You didn't loose a mirror, did ya?) ;-)

    I'm so glad you stopped in to see me and enjoyed your visit with my firend of 30 years, Gail. I so enjoyed the walk on the lake. Way cool. Thanks for sharing, honey.

    I hope and pray that you feel well for a while. A long while.
    Hug, hug, kiss, kiss.
    Di

    ReplyDelete