Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday 06.02.2009

I woke feeling almost rested, getting up when the alarm came on and getting myself ready for work. Dan had gotten up before I left; that's kind of nice.

I drove the Sebring down today. It felt familiar, though I'm still not sure which vehicle I prefer. Probably the Pontiac, as the hard top and the lumbar support on the driver's seat rate pretty high. Anyway, as I got down the road I noticed the fuel was low. Shoot. I stopped at Mason Meijer and filled up. $2.74. Geesh. On my way.

A safe drive, thank you God, the shuttle in the lot, thanks again, clocked in, and another busy day. Finally time to go home. I'm more tired than I though I would be. Oh Well.

Driving home was pleasant, the sun low on the horizon so it was behind the trees. Traffic was light. On a straight stretch of road, coming across the southbound lanes, was a deer. It went into the median, and I had plenty of time to slow down. No one was behind me, but I put my emergency flashers on anyway. I about had to stop, as the animal continued sauntering into the northbound lanes, then turning and coming towards me several steps before heading onto the shoulder and beyond. Thank you God for letting me see that and having no other vehicles there at that moment.

I continued on my way and made it home.

Daniel was there waiting for me. We visited, watered the plants on the balcony, I had a light snack. It wasn't long before Daniel went off to bed. I wrote here.

Tomorrow I'll be getting ready for 3 days at the lake, the first "3-day stretch" of the summer, I hope. Tonight the gas prices had jumped to $2.88. If prices keep climbing, I may reconsider going up as frequently as I had hoped.

I'm off to bed.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment