Monday, June 9, 2008

Sunday 6.8.2008

The day dawned partly cloudy and quiet. It was 80 degrees again this morning. After breakfast, Dan went out and started shoveling dirt from a pile leftover from the seawall project last year. I don’t mind shoveling, but that’s not something I can do right now. I feel bad that he has worked so hard this visit.

I found a metal rake (spring rake?) and started on the front bank. I can’t be very aggressive, but I can do it. It took me all afternoon, and I got the whole front raked and burned.

A storm blew in just as I was finishing up. Daniel was packed and ready to go home. He left about 3:40 pm in the rain. He called me a couple of times on the way home to say the weather was terrible, and was I ok? Yes, we only had a bit of wind with the rain, and even though the temperature dropped 15 degrees, the lake is again mirror quiet.

I took a shower and had a bite to eat, and laid down for a 20 minute rest. I took another 37.5 mg Effexor. I was very warm during the night last night; I wonder if my body is “getting used to” the medication? I’m not having the horrible hot flashes, though.

The breast is sore, swollen, the areola and nipple are full, and now are peeling. I put a thin layer of silvadene ointment on it, then a thin layer of aquaphor. It burns for an hour or so, but looks better. The area under the breast is still peeling, too. I put the aloe vera and elta cream on that, and also on the axillary incision that is peeling. The only area that hurts/burns is the nipple. I suppose that’s a good thing?

I will wait and post this Monday morning, as the connection seems better where I can pick it up.

Thank you for reading, you are all very important to me. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment