Saturday, July 30, 2016

Saturday 07.30.2016

Another great day!

Went into town. Got what I needed at each of 3 stops. I saw signs for the parade.  ???  I went home, put my items away, picked up my lawn chair, and went back into town.

Ha Ha----I did!!!!  I went back into town and watched the parade!!!

Not much to it, but it was a big deal for the small town. And there were lots of spectators, as the County Fair was going on, the Farmers Market was open, and it was noon.  The parade participants often spoke to their friends and family (by name) as they passed, having brief conversations. To the rest of us, they smiled, waved, said hi, and threw candy. Lots of it. I was back home about 45 minutes later.....

And was going to mow the lawn.

I got into the shed, and decided to sweep out the layer of sand and dirt from the floor. Doing so meant removing many items that had been just set in there. So I did, and finally got to the lawnmower.

Floor swept, items relocated to their familiar places, and I hear a car.

Sunday and Sophie arrived!!

Good timing, I needed a break.

They got unloaded, I went in for a break and to cool off a little. The wind was still a bit cool, but the sun was warm.

Back outdoors, I got the mower going. Yay!!  I was making progress in the back yard when I heard a horn honk.

T & KS!!!!  How nice!!

We all visited a bit, and I went back to mowing.  Tom offered to finish up the front portion, which I appreciated.  Thanks, Tom!

We all visited a bit before they left. I went in to shower; Sunday went in to fix supper.

I enjoyed my supper after getting cleaned up, and went back over to watch it get dark with S & S.

Tomorrow my childhood friend is coming for a visit. It's been close to 50 years since I've seen her....

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment