Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Wednesday 08.19.2015

What a day!

I read the letter from Consumers Energy that was in the stack of mail.  "You will receive an automated call when your meter will be changed."  I didn't receive a call.  "Please call for re-light/turn on."  

Hmm.  That means something else needs to happen on their side.

I called.  Automated phone tree, several minutes (and 2 "hold" sessions) to talk with the correct person. (Wouldn't you think there would be a direct extension, when the meters are being changed out in the neighborhood?) The nice lady said someone would be out asap.  OK, thanks. And by the way, I didn't receive a call.  She said that another customer had the same comment this morning, and she would add mine to her list.

So. I put the bed sheets in the washing machine, knowing they will go on the clothesline to dry.

I got my small (electric) griddle out and fixed my breakfast egg, then went outside to get the boat hull cleaned while the shade was still on the driveway.

I did good.  Took a couple of hours, and I got it done. And the Consumers Energy person came during that time.   Yay!!!

I started the next load of laundry, had a snack, and put the boat back in the garage.  Took some maneuvering again, but I got it in there how I like it.  Go Me!

After putting my outdoor stuff away, I was finally ready.  For a SHOWER!!!!

I would have appreciated it just as much last night, too.

Total of 4 loads of laundry, washed, some line dried, folded, and put away. Boat cleaned and back in the garage. Trip to Meijer for a few items. Dropped recyclables at the hospital. (there is a collection area there for employees to use). Supper prepared and enjoyed. Mail opened and dealt with.

Tomorrow I hope to run, and catch up on some reading.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment