Saturday, July 12, 2014

Saturday 07.12.2014

It was a fabulous day today!!

Considering all the pieces that came together.  Frank and his friend Brian at the Midas shop; parts that were ordered at 0200 being delivered by 1000 today; brake job completed, and cost effective, too!

Boat:  Cover done. When I picked up the boat, the cover is beautiful--form-fitting, and designed to go on "front to back".  The way my boat is at the dock, I need to put the cover on "back to front". I had mentioned this when we talked, but she missed it. Apologizing profusely, she offered to modify it. While she was doing that, her husband aired up the tires on the trailer, then checked out the wiring for the lights AND GOT THEM WORKING!!!  He actually took a bulb from his trailer for me.  God has put great people in my world, and I am thankful for each and every one of them.

And while those two were doing their projects, I checked the battery. The charge didn't hold. I called Frank and asked if he could pick up a new battery and bring it over. Sure--all three pieces--cover modification, trailer improvements, and battery--came together about the same time.  We "settled up" and I was on my way back to the house.

Frank had helped me load the van before going to get the boat, so all I needed to do was put the life jackets and some other things back into the boat. And pack the cooler.

I realized that I needed to eat. So I rummaged around in the freezer and put together yummy food (I love having my homemade portions in the freezer!), ate, and finally got on the road. Way a lot later than I had intended, but everything worked out well and that's how long it took.

A safe drive north, with occasional drizzles and drops, then a good downpour near Saginaw.  It stopped (mostly) when I stopped for fuel and groceries in Bay City. The remainder of the drive was light rain and drizzle, and tree drips to unload the vehicle.

An hour later it's raining pretty good. I've unpacked and unwound.  Temperature is holding about 70 degrees.

It's a great place to be, this family place we have. I feel very fortunate and blessed to be able to be here. And looking forward to the various family members that will be coming and going while I'm here.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment