Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday 06.14.2013

The morning was sunny and cool with a light wind over the blue water. Ahhh.  And of course I have to go home today.

So I set about getting my day started, taking my time and enjoying it.

Finally packed, loaded, cleaned, and secured, I went into Hale about 1. A stop at the transfer station, and another at the Fish store, and I was on the way south by 1:30.

A safe drive, thank you God, and and enjoyable "rest" at the rest area near Bay City. I walked around the planted areas (done by Master Gardeners) and a woman joined me. She was the employee there, taking a break. She told me about a lot of the plants as we walked around. Temperature was about 79 now, and I enjoyed being out of the car for a bit.

But I had to get home.

I thanked her and continued my drive, arriving home about 5pm. Surprised to see that the mailboxes had been damaged--there are 3 on the one post. The doors are askew, so the contents are going to get wet. And mine won't close at all.  Surprised, also, to see a card from the local police on the back door, saying there had been a report filed. Ooo Kaaay.  I made a phone call to the property manager and left a message.

Unloaded, unpacked, fed.

Sat outdoors awhile after walking around my own yard and filling the birdbath.

Getting tired tonight, looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and getting up for the J.O.B. in the morning.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment