Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday 12.28.2012

I looked outside and was surprised to see the trailer door open. What?!? And then I saw a hatted head. Hm, was that Jim's head?? Oh, it's Frank!  He's here already!

He had removed a few of the larger items already and gotten them in the garage, then came in to visit before J & P arrived.

They got here a short while later, and we got going with the remainder of the unloading. The pieces weren't terribly heavy, they were large and bulky and difficult to handle alone. Frank and Jim did a great job bringing them in; it was a trick for me to keep up with them. It didn't take more than 30 minutes to finish emptying the trailer.

Frank worked on re-assembling the components in the entertainment center while we visited and enjoyed our coffees. *smile*

J & P went on their way--thanks so much for your help--and Ron and I took the trailer back.

It wasn't too much longer after that when Ron left for home after having a bite to eat.

Frank and I visited a bit longer; we had a good time. I fixed him some food, too, and then I took him home, as it was time for him to get off to work. When I went to get the car out, the battery was dead. Ugh.

I have a charger, so I got that out and hooked it up. Hope it works....

I spent the next couple hours vacuuming and placing the furniture and adjusting and positioning and going out to check the charging process. After an hour and a half or so, the car still didn't start, so I left the charger on for a while longer.

When it finally did start, I made a phone call and it was suggested I take the car to Auto Zone, where they would check the battery. I was tired, and needed to eat, but...I went out.

I was about the 4th customer in line, and I waited my turn. The first customer had had a new battery installed, with the old one on the counter, and they were just finishing up. Another customer purchased a new battery and took it with him. Huh??  Must be battery season...

The nice guy put the tester on my battery. (play the Jeopardy theme song here.....) After what seemed like several minutes the display showed the testing process, and then the results.  BAD BATTERY, it showed, yes, in capital letters.

So I bought a battery.

And the nice guy installed it.  And it worked. Thank you.

Exhale.

Back home, I fixed food and ate, and when I looked around my little house, I smiled. It's nice to see these pieces of furniture that had been in a place I love, now here with me, making my home. It's been a long year.

In all, a two-day job that could have been very difficult was made much better with the love and support of the most wonderful family members. Thanks to each of  you for surrounding me with the safety of your friendship. I appreciate you all.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment